Sport Premium grant
In April 2013, the Government announced new funding of £150m for physical education (PE) and sport. The Sport Premium grant funding should be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision. This funding is ring-fenced to be used for sport-specific areas, to make an impact in PE and sport in schools.
Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision, including increasing participation in PE and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
2018-2019 plans for the funding
We will use the funding in the following areas:
- employing additional support for teachers to develop their teaching skills in PE lessons, expert sports coaches will be team teaching and modelling lessons for the teachers
- PE leader to monitor progress in PE
- to promote healthy active lifestyles at play times and lunch times
- targeting children in years 5 and 6 who do not yet meet the 25m swimming award
- purchase new sports equipment for use during PE lessons, lunchtimes and play times
- activities and clubs for families who request support and families in receipt of PPG
For a detailed breakdown of how we will use the funding, see the document below:
BLPA – Sports Premium Funding – 2018-19
Impact of funding 2018-19
BLPA – Sports Premium Evaluation – 2018-19