The curriculum at Bracken Lane inspires and motivates pupils with a wide range of creative and stimulating learning experiences. There is a strong emphasis on the mastery of core skills woven into an enriching and supportive programme of carefully balanced curriculum areas.
All areas of the curriculum are adapted to enrich the learning experience and provide the best outcomes for all children. A range of educational visits, invited visitors to the academy, themed days, special projects and workshops extends pupils’ learning and provides them with unforgettable learning opportunities.
Our curriculum inspires and motivates successful pupils with:
- enthusiasm and a love of learning
- determination to reach high standards of achievement, creativity and mastery
- openness to new thinking and ideas
The curriculum will develop confident individuals with:
- secure values and beliefs
- a sense of physical, mental and emotional wellbeing
Our curriculum design covers:
- English, including speaking and listening
- physical education (including swimming lessons)
- personal development
- physical and emotional wellbeing
- world knowledge
Personal development is a key focus in the academy, and through the curriculum, pupils gain core skills such as working with others, investigating problems, predicting, making choices, organising and taking responsibility for their work.