An important part of academy life is food – good food and nutrition can support learning and lead to healthy bodies and healthy pupils, leading to better learning.
Our parents and guardians love to see what their son/daughter has been eating – our menus are now uploaded for this current term.
Free school meals and milk
If your child is registered for free school meals and milk the academy will be able to access further funding (Pupil Premium) to support your child’s learning. Children can also access subsidies, including support for trips and before/after school care.
Please check to see if your child is eligible for free school meals and milk– which is likely if you receive one of the following benefits:
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HMRC) that does not exceed £16,190
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after the person stops qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
If you think you qualify for free school meals and milk – even if your child is eligible for universal infant free school meals – please contact the academy office with your National Insurance number and date of birth. We can then run a check for you and let you know straight away.